First Energy - HVAC Rebate Program
Right now, residential customers of Ohio Edison, The Illuminating Company and Toledo Edison, can save energy and money with rebates on heating and cooling solutions.
The savings start up front with rebates you can earn one of two ways:
- Tune up* an existing HVAC system
- Replace a less efficient system with the latest
high-efficiency HVAC technology
The savings continue month after month with reduced energy usage and increased efficiency.
* Customer is eligible for one tune up rebate per unit every 5 calendar years.
Earn Rebates on Qualified Purchases and Services
Work with a participating contractor* to receive valuable rebates on ENERGY STAR® qualified HVAC solutions:
- $25 on the tune up of an existing central air conditioner, heat pump or geothermal – bring your system back to peak operating efficiency to improve performance and energy savings
- Up to $350 on the installation of a new high-efficiency central air conditioner or ductless system – reduce your cooling costs by as much as 30 percent**
- Up to $400 on the purchase of an air-to-air or ductless heat pump – install an energy-efficient alternative to traditional furnaces and air conditioners to save energy all year long
- $600 on the installation of an ENERGY STAR® qualified geothermal heat pump – take advantage of a renewable and efficient technology for heating, cooling and often, water heating